GCDA is proud to be taking part in an exciting national campaign to encourage everyone to eat more veg.
Each week for the next 10 weeks we’ll be featuring a different tasty vegetable for you to try. Check out our videos click here, have a go at our recipes and read our top tips for new ways with veg.
Share your stories in the comments section at the bottom of the page and spread the word via social media.
Join the campaign – www.vegpower.org.uk/
Nourishing Nippers Cauliflower Cheese
- 50g unsalted vegetable spread or unsalted butter
- 50g plain flour
- 500ml full fat milk
- 50g cheddar, grated
- A pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cauliflower, separated into florets
- Melt the butter / spread
- Take off the heat and stir in the flour to make a smooth paste
- Return to the heat and add the milk a bit at a time, stirring continuously
- Add a pinch of nutmef and keep stirring
- When the sauce starts to thcken, add the cheese and stir until completely melted into the sauce
- Steam the cauliflower, allow to cool slightly and cover with the cheese sauce
- You can serve like this or bake for 15 minutes until the top begins to turn golden brown
Our Top Cauliflower Tips
- Whizz up cauliflower in a food processor and microwave for a few minutes to make a great alternative to rice
- Brush a whole cauliflower with olive oil and coat in ground coriander and ground cumin and roast for 45 minutes to an hour for a veggie main option
- Freeze cauliflower without losing any of the nutrients by steaming for a few minutes first and then cooling right down in iced water and patting dry before freezing